Missions of the HOT
HOT's primary mission is to undertake basic and applied research in the field of optical technologies. It also facilitates rapid sharing of knowledge and know-how transfer between institutes. In addition, HOT coordinates and applies for large-scale joint cooperative research projects.
A close relationship between the university and industrial research is fostered by the board of trustees.
- HOT supports and coordinates the multi-disciplinary master's study course "optical technologies" at the Leibniz Universität Hannover.
- HOT supports young scientists by giving them the chance to work on independent projects for a PhD.
- HOT assists and encourages cooperation between the university and the optical industry, especially concerning the education of specialists for all areas of optics.
- HOT facilitates innovations in the field of optical technologies, especially to strengthen the position of mid-sized companies.
The missions of the Hannoversches Zentrum für Optische Technologien in research and education are:
1. Missions in research
- To conduct research and development projects in the field of optical technologies
- To apply for and coordinate large-scale joint cooperative projects on a national and international scale
- To be a contact organization in all questions concerning optical technologies for industry and mid-sized companies
2. Missions in education
- To conduct classes for the new master's degree optical technologies at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- To plan and conduct further education in the field of optical technologies
- To train new engineers for the optical industry